- archangelic-aeon reblogged this from allaboutmary
- perissologies reblogged this from my-crazy-catholic-life
- rileyaquino likes this
- runyoucleverboyandremember21 reblogged this from my-crazy-catholic-life
- runyoucleverboyandremember21 likes this
- roesary reblogged this from allaboutmary
- thedogwantsherbone reblogged this from allaboutmary and added:
- dennisnoodles likes this
- savage-america likes this
- allaboutmary posted this
Today is Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent. In the tradition of the Church the 46 days leading up to Easter are marked by prayer, repentance, the giving of alms, fasting and other forms of self-denial.
The last week of Lent is called Holy Week, when Christ’s Passion is remembered. Devotion to the Mother of Sorrows is a reminder that Mary also shared in her Son’s suffering.