- eltodofine reblogged this from mexicanisimo
- odairgoesmyheart likes this
- michiganfruitfly reblogged this from huitzilihuitl
- huitzilihuitl reblogged this from fylatinamericanhistory
- agrinchwithoutacause reblogged this from mexicanisimo
- mexicanisimo reblogged this from allaboutmary
- ladiesofjuarez likes this
- detrenzasoscuras likes this
- bubblezoe likes this
- un-punk likes this
- northamericanscum reblogged this from fylatinamericanhistory
- todoeralindo reblogged this from allaboutmary
- dressesandyarn likes this
- rosalinoramos reblogged this from fylatinamericanhistory
- acidglitterprincess likes this
- fathersonholyghost reblogged this from allaboutmary
- fylatinamericanhistory reblogged this from allaboutmary
- allaboutmary posted this
Milagrosa Imagen de Na. Sa. de Tzapopan
An 18th century engraving of Nuestra Señora de Zapopan, the patron of the state of Jalisco since 1821. In 1921 she was presented with the keys to the city of Guadalajara.
Local legend has it that the Virgin interceded between the Spanish and the native population during the conquest, convincing the local population to lay down their arms and convert to Christianity.
The official title of the Virgin of Zapopan is Our Lady of Expectation. She is also referred to as La Generala or the Zapopanita. She is considered a patroness against storms and lightning.