- miscellaneous-art likes this
- k0w0k likes this
- thelittleflowercompany reblogged this from allaboutmary
- absurdlakefront likes this
- michael-angelo-lombardo likes this
- thepopeofchicago reblogged this from allaboutmary and added:
- thepopeofchicago likes this
- paulsaraos reblogged this from allaboutmary
- candaceshaw likes this
- lorenzrey reblogged this from merecath
- lorenzrey likes this
- merecath reblogged this from allaboutmary
- allaboutmary posted this
A German copper engraving of St Bernard of Clairvaux before Mary.
What I particularly like about this image is the direct communication between Mary and St Bernard: Mary says to him Salve Bernarde (Hail Bernard) to which Bernard replies Salve Regina (Hail Queen).
St Bernard (1091-1153) had a great devotion for Mary and he is said to be responsible for adding the three final acclamations to the Salve Regina: O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria.